Stratford Hall has an active volunteer program and we’re looking for you to help us. Are you interested in helping with special events, school programs, administrative duties, museum research, maintaining hiking trails, or working in the library? There is no minimum time requirement for volunteers and hours are flexible. Training will be provided for all new volunteers. We are looking for a group of dedicated, enthusiastic individuals interested in helping at Stratford Hall.
Be a part of history and help make history come alive for our visitors.
Opportunities for volunteering:
- Lead school programs for students in grades 3-8 (involves both costumed and non-costumed work)
- Help with special events, including set-up/take-down, distributing brochures and maps, speaking with visitors, and working with children making craft projects.
- Contact schools and local organizations about upcoming programs to help market them to the local community
Administration and Development:
- Prepare mailings, create and maintain spreadsheets, file and copy papers
- Assist staff with errands
- Conduct research on objects, topics, and people for use in future exhibits and to aid in object cataloging
- Help research Stratford or Lee-related objects in other collections (public and private) and compile a database of information and images
- Work on re-housing object files and object photographs in archival enclosures
- Provide object cataloging assistance or assist with inventory and other hands-on tasks when needed (object handling experience and experience working with a computer database necessary for this task)
- Catalog and re-shelve books
- Maintain and improve hiking trails