Media Contact: Jim Schepmoes
804-493-8038 ext. 8119
For Immediate Release
STRATFORD, VA, (March 3, 2010) – Join us at Stratford Hall for the first day of spring and a celebration of historic plants and gardens featuring:
• Monticello’s curator of plants Peggy Cornett on “Historic Plants: Why Grow Them, Where to Get Them, and How to Tend Them.”
• Dennis Whetzel, nursery manager at Monticello’s Center for Historic Plants, with tips on rose propagation and historic plants available sure to fit perfectly in your own garden.
• Lunch together and a chance to “chat gardens” with the experts.
• Walks and Talks in the gardens of Stratford Hall.
• Stratford Hall’s own beloved gardens advisor Don Haynie speaking on monastic gardens and our great debt to the monks of medieval Europe for preserving gardening traditions otherwise possibly lost forever.
Advance registration is required as space is limited. A fee of $45 ($40 for Friends of Stratford) covers all the day’s events (Saturday, March 20 from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.) and includes a delicious boxed lunch. Registration deadline is March 16, 2010. For more information please contact Ken McFarland, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 804-493-8038 ext. 1558.
For a complete calendar of upcoming events, please visit www.StratfordHall.org.