Plan Your Virginia Day Trip
Hours of Operation
Admission gate is open 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m daily.
Visiting with Pets
Leashed dogs are permitted everywhere except in the Gift Shop, the Dining Room, the galleries in the Visitor Center, outbuildings in the historic area, the Great House and the gristmill. Keep pets on leashes at all times. Pet owners are responsible for the picking up and disposal of animal waste. Please note that service animals are exempt from restrictions. [This policy is subject to change at any time.]
Personal photography is permitted on the grounds and in the historic buildings. Photography is prohibited in the Visitor Center. Stratford Hall asks that all guests adhere to the following rules:
- No touching the objects, furniture, or walls
- No flash photography, tripods, monopods, or selfie sticks inside the historic buildings
- No recreational or commercial drone flying allowed.
- Please be respectful of fellow guests, staff, domestic animals, and wildlife
Tag your photos with #StratfordHall so we can see them!
Visitor Center & Exhibits
The Visitor Center opens at 9:30 a.m. and includes the Lee Gallery, the Preservation Gallery and temporary exhibits. Please allow time to visit all the galleries and exhibits in the center.
Great House Guided tours
Are on the hour from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please plan to arrive at the Visitor Center 15 minutes before tour time. Tours are approximately 45 minutes in length.
Self-guided Mobile Tours
Stratford Hall is proud to offer two self-guided tour apps, n-compass and (re)discover Stratford. Enjoy the flexibility to tour the Great House and grounds at your own pace. Subject to availability. Click here to learn more.
Is open daily from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. and offers a wide variety of merchandise and Stratford products, such as stoneground meal and grits from Stratford’s gristmill.
Stratford Hall Dining Room
Beginning Monday, October 9, 2017 Stratford Hall will temporarily suspend daily lunch service and weekend dinner service to the general public and walk-in guests. Stratford will be undertaking general maintenance of its dining building and developing new directions and improvements in this aspect of the guest experience. Please check back for updates about future dining experiences at Stratford, as we work toward a distinctive program to complement visits to the Great House and grounds.
Jessie Ball DuPont Memorial Library
Is open to researchers (by appointment only) on weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Beach & Overlook
The road to the overlook and beach is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., weather permitting.
All of the six nature trails are open during normal visitor hours.
The mill is currently closed for the 2017/2018 winter season. Check back here for dates the mill will be open or call 804-493-8038.
Admission (effective August 1, 2017)
- Adults (12 yrs. and up): $14.00
- Adults (Groups of 20 or more, age 12 and up): $13.00
- Seniors (60 and up), AAA members: $13.00
- Seniors (Groups of 20 or more, age 60 and up): $12.00
- National Trust for Historic Preservation members: $11.00
- Children 6-11: $9.00
- Children (groups of 20 or more): $8.00
- Children 5 and under: Free
- Military/Veterans: $13.00
- Active Duty Service Members: Stratford has joined the Blue Star Museum Program that allows free admission from Memorial Day to Labor Day for active duty service personnel with ID (or spouse if deployed) and up to five family members. For more information on the program, visit Blue Star Museums
- Note: discounts cannot be combined
A Grounds Pass can be purchased which entitles the purchaser to access the hiking trails, public beach area, gardens, public grounds, Visitor Center, Dining Room and Gift Shop. The pass does not include admission to the Great House and other historic buildings. The cost is $8 for adults and $5 for children. The Grounds Pass will be valid only for the day it is purchased.
Friends of Stratford:
Regular Tours Free to Cardholders
For more information, please use contact information below: