Current Job Opportunities at Stratford Hall: (1)
Gift Shop Sales Clerk (Part-time): Reports to Gift Shop Manager
Works alone and with supervision in the Plantation Store to assist customers and perform general retail duties associated with the operation of a Gift Shop.
General Statement of Duties (with examples of duties assigned):
- Greet customers when they arrive at the store and ask if they need assistance.
- Process sales transactions at the POS (point-of-sale) counter and complete end of day reconciliation and reports.
- Clean the store: dust, clean silver, shelves, wash floors, windows etc.
- Process and ship telephone and internet orders.
- Handle all UPS procedures for sending and receiving packages.
- Check sales floor daily to make sure items are correctly stocked and ready for sale.
- Price and stock new inventory.
- Promote and sell Friends of Stratford Memberships.
- Update ground passes and admission tickets.
- Work weekends, weekdays, special events, and holidays as scheduled.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Gift Shop Manager.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Some Retail Sales Experience preferred.
- Basic mathematical skills and selling techniques.
- Ability to operate Computerized Point Of Sales System.
- Works well with others, cooperative personality.
- Loyalty and integrity.
- Capable of working alone.
- Must be physically able to lift heavy boxes, climb stairs, unpack merchandise and stand for long periods of time.
Interested applicants can call the Gift Shop Manager at 804-493-1969 or email Janet Branson at JBranson@StratfordHall.org for an application.
updated December 2017