Stratford Hall’s Visitor Center in the Stetson Building was originally built in 1971 in honor of Eugene Stetson, who was instrumental in the purchase of the Stratford Hall property by the Robert E. Lee Memorial Foundation…more.
The Great House
The Stratford Hall plantation house was built by Thomas Lee in the late 1730s. It is furnished with an outstanding collection of predominantly 18th-century American and English decorative arts. Find out more about the Great House here.
Current Exhibits in the Visitor Center focus on the Lee Family and its slave community, Stratford during the Civil War, Miocene fossils, Archaeology at Stratford, and historic photographs of visitors to Stratford…more.
Gardens & Grounds
The present main approach to the Great House is from the south. Looking beyond the oval, one can see a row of poplars, recalling the entrance drive described by General Lee…more.
The mill was reconstructed in 1939 on the foundations of the original Lee Mill which records indicate was constructed in the early 1740s…more.
Cliffs & Beach
When Thomas Lee purchased “The Cliffs” property in 1717, he did not know that he had acquired a geological phenomenon that existed in only three other places in the world–the Los Angeles basin, Austria and Belgium…more.
Stratford Hall’s nature trails are as varied as they are scenic, providing leisurely strolls for the amateur hiker and challenging treks for veterans…more.
On February 27, 2010, Stratford Hall became a geocache site as part of the Star-Spangled Banner Geotrail…more.