Reinterpreting & Furnishing the Parlor at Stratford

Since its restoration in the 1940s, Room 202 has been furnished and interpreted as a parlor. The original c. 1946 restoration of the room (including furnishing acquisition) was made possible through the Princeton Fund, with funds raised by Princeton alumni (Henry Lee III was a Princeton alum) and donated to the Robert E. Lee Memorial Foundation (now Association). As far …

The Stratford Parlor

The location of the Parlor at Stratford Hall is the result of Light Horse Harry Lee’s changing architectural tastes. During the 1790’s, Lee dramatically rearranged the orientation of the main floor rooms. Prior to the 1790’s, Stratford Hall’s main floor rooms were arranged with the public areas located west of the Great Hall, and the private family spaces to the …