Stratford Hall Plantation is located just off State Route 3 on State Route 214, six miles northwest of Montross, Virginia in Westmoreland County and 42 miles southeast of Fredericksburg, Virginia.
Directions from Washington
- From Eastern half of the Beltway: Take Maryland Route 5 South to U.S. Route 301 South. About 10 miles after crossing the Potomac River toll bridge, turn left onto Virginia Route 3 East. Follow Route 3 for 20 miles, then take a left onto Route 214 at Lerty, Virginia. Follow Route 214 for 2 miles. Stratford’s gate is on the left.
- From the Western half of the Beltway: Take I-95 South to Virginia Route 3 East (exit 130A on I-95) in Fredericksburg. Follow Route 3 for about 45 miles, then take a left onto Route 214 at Lerty, Virginia. Follow Route 214 for 2 miles. Stratford’s gate is on the left.
Directions from Richmond
- Take Route 360 East to Warsaw, Virginia. In Warsaw, take Route 3 West to Montross, Virginia. From Montross, continue on Route 3 to Route 214 at Lerty, Virginia. (It is 5 miles past the town of Montross.) Turn right and follow Route 214 for 2 miles. Stratford’s gate is on the left.
Distance in Time
- From Washington: 2 hours
- From Richmond: 1 1/2 hours
- From Fredericksburg: 50 minutes
- From Charlottesville: 2 1/2 hours
- From Williamsburg: 2 hours
Distance in Miles
- Richmond to Stratford: 75
- Washington to Stratford: 98
- Charlottesville to Stratford: 120
- Fredericksburg to Stratford: 42
For directions using GPS or online mapping, use the following address: 483 Great House Road, Montross, VA 22520.