Plan Your Virginia Day Trip
Hours of Operation
Winter operational schedule in effect from Jan. 2 to Feb. 28, 2015. Great House, Dining Room, Gift Shop open only on weekends and Monday holidays. Grounds pass available daily. Admission gate open 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. For complete information, please see Plan Your Visit.
Visiting with Pets
Pets on leashes are allowed in parking areas, nature trails and roadways; they are not allowed in the historic area or on the beach. Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets. Service animals are allowed everywhere.
Visitor Center & Exhibits
The Visitor Center opens at 9:30 a.m. and includes the Lee Gallery, the Preservation Gallery and temporary exhibits. Please allow time to visit all the galleries and exhibits in the center. During winter hours, the visitor center will only be open on weekends and holidays.
Great House tours
Are on the hour: please plan to arrive at the Visitor Center 15 minutes before tour time. Tours are approximately 45 minutes in length. During winter hours, the house will only be open on weekends and holidays.
Is open weekends and holidays during winter hours and offers a wide variety of merchandise and Stratford products, such as stoneground meal and grits.
Stratford Hall Dining Room
Open weekends and holidays during winter hours with a lunch menu served from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Brunch specials are available on Sundays.
Jessie Ball DuPont Memorial Library
Is open to researchers (by appointment only) on weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 5 :00 p.m.
The Beach & Overlook
Due to recent inclement weather, the road to the beach and Potomac overlook is closed until further notice.
All of the six nature trails are open during normal visitor hours.
The mill will resume its regular operating schedule in April 2015 (2nd Saturday of each month, April through October, 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m). Please call Stratford’s Visitor Center 804-493-8038 to confirm if the mill will be open or operating.
Admission (effective July 1, 2014)
- Adults (12 yrs. and up): $12.00
- Adults (Groups of 20 or more, age 12 and up): $11.00
- Seniors (60 and up), AAA members: $11.00
- Seniors (Groups of 20 ore more, age 60 and up): $10.00
- National Trust for Historic Preservation members: $11.00
- Children 6-11: $7.00
- Children (groups of 20 or more): $6.00
- Children 5 and under: Free
- Military Veterans: $11.00
- Active Duty Service Members: Stratford has joined the Blue Star Museum Program that allows free admission from Memorial Day to Labor Day for active duty service personnel with ID (or spouse if deployed) and up to five family members. For more information on the program, visit Blue Star Museums
- Note: discounts cannot be combined
A Grounds Pass can be purchased which entitles the purchaser to access the hiking trails, public beach area, gardens, public grounds, Visitor Center, Dining Room and Gift Shop. During winter hours, the Visitor Center, Dining Room and Gift Shop will only be open on weekends. The pass does not include admission to the Great House and other historic buildings. The cost is $7 for adults and $5 for children. The Grounds Pass will be valid only for the day it is purchased.
Friends of Stratford:
Regular Tours Free to Cardholders
For more information, please use contact information below: