Current Job Opportunities at Stratford Hall: (one posting)
Department(s): Development/Marketing and Public Relations
Position: Development and Marketing Communications Assistant
Reports To: Director of Development/Director of Marketing
Fair Labor Standards Act: Non-Exempt
Term: Full-time Hours/week: 40
About Stratford Hall:
Set on 1,900 acres on the Potomac River, Stratford Hall was built in the late 1730s and is the ancestral home of the Lee family. In addition to the Great House, Stratford Hall has an expansive historic area, Visitor Center, on-site Inn and lodging accommodations, beautiful gardens, nature trails, working gristmill, beach and cliffs that date to the Miocene era, one of only four formations like it in the world. Stratford Hall is located in Westmoreland County in the historic Northern Neck of Virginia and is a Virginia Historic Landmark and a National Historic Landmark.
Provide operational support of development and marketing and public relations programs under the supervision of the Director of Development and Director of Marketing and Public Relations to promote Stratford Hall and the Association’s mission to the public and support fund raising activities.
General Statement of Duties:
1. Coordinate and contribute to social media efforts including Facebook, Twitter and blogs.
2. Update and maintain current information on all partner and media websites.
3. Act as webmaster by updating, adding new material to website, liaison with staff and vendors.
4. Assist with production of videos for website and social media.
5. Maintain and update departmental e-mail lists.
6. Disseminate departmental press releases through electronic means.
7. Assist with production and dissemination of electronic newsletter.
8. Coordinate distribution of department brochures and materials.
9. Assist with production of printed marketing and public relation materials.
10 Assist at major internal and offsite events as required by marketing and public relations.
11. Support the Director of Development, Board Chair and Campaign Steering Committee by drafting, editing, and coordinating development communications;
12 Serve as the primary portfolio manager for all board and staff members. In this role, he/she will work with volunteers to keep the moves management system current and remind volunteers of upcoming tasks and solicitations. Participate in Campaign Steering Committee calls and be responsible for communicating development outcomes with both the staff and campaign leadership.
13 Prepare research profiles and briefing materials for the Executive Director, Director of Development and board members for visits and events.
14 Coordinate Futuri Society activities, including mailings, events, and individual donor outreach from volunteers and staff members.
15 Coordinate off-site events related to Friends of Stratford and volunteer-sponsored functions.
16 Support the Annual Giving program by helping with mailings as needed.
17 Execute stewardship strategies for campaign donors to ensure that donors are thanked and recognized in a consistent manner.
18 Performs other related functions as determined by the needs of the position/business and other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, History or other Humanities related field.
· Demonstrated excellent writing, editing, website and communication skills
· Or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Display excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Computer skills to include various software packages for web and desktop/electronic publishing
· Exhibit attention to detail in production of all department materials
· Ability to coordinate and work with staff and outside vendors
· Ability to handle multiple projects at one time
· Ability to maintain professional manner with both staff and public
· Ability to physically meet the duties listed above.
The salary range for this position is $30,000 to $35,000 annually, based on experience. Full benefits including health insurance, pension plan and 15 days paid vacation.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to CDobbins@StratfordHall.org. NO TELEPHONE CALLS ACCEPTED.