Current Job Opportunities at Stratford Hall: (1)
Title: Director of Maintenance
Report to: GM, Inn at Stratford Hall Fair Labor Standard Act: Exempt
Term: Full Time Hours per week: 40
Position Objective: To assure the timely, efficient and cost effective maintenance of Stratford Hall’s underground infrastructure and non-historic buildings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the maintenance and operation of all aspects of Stratford’s water system, including required testing and leak repairs.
- Supervise maintenance staff and contractor.
- Minimizes use of external contractors by personally performing repairs to plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Develops a plan for routine and re-occurring preventative maintenance and assures its timely execution.
- Selects contractors for major repair and renovation projects on non-historic buildings, evaluates bids and supervises their timely and cost effective completion.
- Develops and implements a long term capital maintenance plan for the non-historic buildings.
- Oversees the ongoing acquisition, maintenance and custody of tools, equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for after-hours security; responds to alarms in the Great House, Education Center and Library. Communicates with law enforcement as needed.
- Effectively manages budgets.
- Performs such other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Abilities:
- Demonstrated skills with various building trades, especially mechanical systems, plumbing, carpentry and electrical.
- Ability to use a personal computer and Microsoft software packages including Outlook, Excel, Word, and Calendar.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to work weekends and flexible hours.
- Ability to maintain a professional manner with both staff and the public.
- High School Diploma. Vocational technical degree desired.