Current Job Opportunities at Stratford Hall: (2)
Part-time Reservationist (Lodging Associate)
General Statement of Duties:
- Books overnight lodging for guests; prepares confirmation letters, billing and accounting sheets, settles charges, including credit card processing.
- Receives and responds to e-mails and phone calls in an efficient manner to assist guests with lodging requirements.
- Meets and greets overnight lodgers during the week and on weekends, as required flexible work schedule.
- Tracks and generates monthly lodging reports, e.g. accommodations, lodging occupancy and others as required.
- Coordinates with housekeeping department to maintain communication for individual and group bookings.
- Maintain all booking engines on a daily basis to screen new reservations and reconciliations.
- Assists as needed for major and special events held at Stratford Hall
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Five years related experience
- Experienced with office equipment, computer and software understanding of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Office and applications such as mail merge.
- Must have excellent communication skills, with ability to prepare business communication with minimal typing skill of 40 words per minute.
- Capacity to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives without direct supervision.
- Ability to exercise critical human relations skills in effective working relations with guests and staff.
- Work hours vary, weekends a must, on call
To apply: Please send resume and references to email@example.com.
The Stratford Hall Dining Room is looking for On-Call Banquet Servers for special events to include groups, weddings, etc. This position reports to the Executive Chef.
Banquet Server (On-Call/Temporary): The On-Call Banquet Server works as part of the Dining Room Department team, and directly under the supervision of the Executive Chef. On-Call Banquet Servers work at catered events on-site at Stratford Hall, providing professional and courteous food and beverage service to all guests. On-Call Banquet Servers assist in set-up, serving, clearing, restocking and break-down of events.
RESPONSIBILITIES: • Responsible for assisting in all aspects of set-up, break-down, and service at various catered events on-site at Stratford Hall • Must have basic food safety knowledge • Must be able to operate various equipment safely (ex: coffee machines, dishwashers) • Responsible and trustworthy • Respond positively to training and direction, but also self-motivated, pro-active, and able to work independently • Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance • Willing to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays • Effective verbal communication skills • Courteous, well-mannered and respectful, with a genuine interest and pride in service • Must be able to bend, lift and stoop frequently (ex: serving trays with food) • Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time • Must be able to follow instructions well
QUALIFICATIONS:• Previous banquet, catering, and/or restaurant wait staff experience preferred • Previous bartending experience is a plus• Ability to follow instructions well • Ability to carry 40 lbs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:• High School diploma or GED preferred
WORK HOURS:• Weekly hours vary, must be available to work days, nights, and weekends • Temporary/On-call position; less than 1000 hours/year