Current Job Opportunities at Stratford Hall: (2)
Immediate Job Openings!
Title: Editor, Lee Family Digital Archive
Department: Research and Collections
Report to: Director of Library and Research Fair Labor Standard Act: Exempt
Term: Full time Hours per week: 40
Position Objective: To locate and edit documents related to the Lee Family and to make them accessible on The Lee Family Digital Archive website.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Compile edited transcriptions of Lee family documents, Lee reference materials, and biographical information online for scholarly and public access
● Locate and edit relevant manuscripts related to the Lee Family and especially Robert E. Lee
● Collaborate with other repositories containing Lee materials to add their collections to the database
● Supervise interns and volunteers associated with the project
● Report on the Digital Archive project to Stratford’s Board and outside groups
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Abilities:
● Experience in editing and transcribing historical documents;
● Research experience and knowledge of primary and secondary sources in American History with a particular emphasis on Early American History and/or the Civil War.
● High degree of attention to detail and accuracy
● Excellent computer, writing and speaking skills
● Experience with database entry and website management
● Ability to work independently, supervise interns and work with other staff members
●PhD in history or a related field (in hand by the time of appointment); excellent research and writing skills.
Salary based on experience and qualifications.
Please send a cover letter and résumé with 3 references to: Lee Archive Editor, Stratford Hall, 483 Great House Road, Stratford, Virginia 22558 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with attachments.
Stratford Hall is a historic site in the Northern Neck of Virginia and home to four generations of the Lee family, including two signers of the Declaration of Independence and Confederate General Robert E. Lee. For more information about the site, go to www.stratfordhall.org. Originally housed at Washington & Lee University, the Lee Archive website is currently being redesigned and will soon be ready for document entry.
Posted May 21, 2015
Part-time Gift Shop Clerk
This part-time sales position reports to the Gift Shop Manager.
- Must be 21 years old or over
- Retail sales experience preferred
- Physically able to lift 20 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Computer skills for digital cash register and inventory control system
- Pleasant manner at all times in dealing with the public. The ability to work well with people, be a team player, and follow directions.
- Must be able to work flexible schedules, including weekends and holidays
Mail or email an Employee Application (print and fill out) to:
Attn: Janet Branson, Store Manager
483 Great House Road
Stratford, VA 22558
or email application to email@example.com.
The Robert E. Lee Memorial Association is an E.O.E. Employer. Open until Filled. No phone calls please.
Posted April 2, 2015