Plan to enjoy a perfect weekend getaway at Stratford Hall on March 31 and April 1, 2012, and experience an exceptional evening of wine tasting and fine dining. Come visit the country and leave the hustle and bustle of everyday life behind.
The cost of your two-day getaway is only $365 per couple (based on double occupancy, taxes and gratuities included) which covers an over-night stay in one of Stratford’s newly renovated guesthouses, wine tasting, a multi-course dinner, live music, fireside socializing and opportunities to explore the historic buildings and landscapes of Stratford. Whether you prefer solitude or socializing, you are sure to fall in love with your quiet and cozy guestroom and relaxing atmosphere of this place. Sleep late on Sunday and wake up to a satisfying brunch so you can return home rejuvenated and relaxed.
The Getaway Weekend includes:
SATURDAY, March 31
- 1 pm – Check-in Welcome sweet platter with coffee and tea
- 3 pm Tour of Great House and time for walking in gardens
- 5 pm Wine tasting in Dining Room (White: Sauterne, 2009 Chateau la Fleur; 2010 Beblenheim Riesling, Alsace; and Cremant of Loire Valley) (Red: Cote du Rhone, 2009 Perrin et Fils; 2009, burgundy, domaine Mongeard-Mugneret; and 2008, Bordeaux, chateau Cote de Baleau St. Emilion)
- 6:30 pm Social hour with hors d’oeuvres (scallop and bacon skewers, shrimp and avocado mousse canapes, Spanikopita, fried local oysters, duck confit tartlet, mushroom and crab imperial) Purchases of wine or mixed drinks will be available for the social hour.
- 7:30-9 pm Dinner served so our guests can enjoy as much social time as they like
- 8:30 pm until…Social time Guests will be offered two digestifs apiece (choices of Cognac, Armagnac, Calvados brandy and Port) plus an assortment of petit-fours. Enjoy the rest of the evening by the fireside listening to live music performed by Jon Bachman. Additional digestifs, wine and mixed drinks will be available for purchase.
Presentation of Hudson Valley Foie Gras OR Seafood Sausage, Saffron and Mussel Reduction
La Deuxieme Suite
Blenheim Organic Farm Mesclun with Beet Crisp and Raspberry Vinaigrette
Grilled Filet of Beef, Chateaubriand Sauce with Shallot Confit served with Haricots Verts, Tomato Provencal and Potato Leek Puree
Creme Brulee with berries and Creme Chantilly
Coffee, Tea and Water
Wine is available for purchase with dinner
SUNDAY, April 1
- 7 am Coffee and Tea available in the Dining Room
- 7:30-10 am Brunch served in the Dining Room
The menu for Sunday morning brunch in the Dining Room consists of croissants, muffins, raspberry and cream cheese turnovers, yogurts with a Normandy crumble, smoked salmon platter, Quiche Lorraine, fresh fruit and Stratford Plantation Breakfast (scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes and grits) along with Mimosas, coffee, hot chocolate and tea. Purchase of Bloody Mary’s will be available.
To reserve your special weekend, please contact Lesley Brooks at (804)493-1966 or by email.