If you love the combination of great wines, delicious local seafood, and fine crafts and artisans, mark your calendar for September 20-21. Stratford Hall is presenting the 8th Annual Wine and Oyster Festival. Advanced ticket sales end on September 12.
Enjoy fall tasting of the finest in Virginia wines, sampling delicious Chesapeake Bay seafood recipes, exceptional artisans and craftsmen, or a beer from Fredericksburg’s Blue & Gray Brewery. This year’s festival will have it all—fun and history! Bay Transit Trolleys will provide shuttle service during the festival hours. There will be free self-guided Great House tours, colonial chocolate making, alpacas, kids’ rides, a working gristmill, and much, much more. Tickets are available at the gate and online. No pets are allowed in the festival area. Don’t miss this one!!
Participating Oyster Growers
Glass House Winery
Good Luck Cellars
Oak Crest Vineyards
Rogers Ford Farm Winery
Lake Anna Winery
Potomac Point Winery
General’s Ridge Winery
Deborah Pratt, Oyster Shucking Champion
Deborah Pratt, Oyster Shucking Champion, will be demonstrating to festival attendees the art of shucking oysters. Deborah has won the Virginia State Oyster Shucking Championship and can shuck 24 oysters in less than three minutes.
Chocolate Demonstration with Robert Brantley
Celebrating Stratford’s history of chocolate making during the Lee’s time, Robert Brantley, cook with The Department of Historic Foodways at Colonial Williamsburg, will demonstrate 18th century chocolate production.
Memory Lane Car Club
The Memory Lane Car Club will be showing over 75 classic cars at the Second Annual Stratford Hall Festival Car Show on Sunday, September 21, from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Check out the Memory Lane Car Club website for contact information and background of this unique group.
Be sure to enjoy your visit to the festival and the area by staying at Stratford Hall or at one of the following participating B&Bs:
- Tickets may be purchased here.
- Wine (only) Taster Advanced Tickets (1-day) $25, Regular Wine Taster Ticket (1-day) $30.
- Non-Taster Advanced Ticket (1-Day) $10, Regular Non-Taster Ticket (1-day) $15.
- Note: There is not a combined wine and oyster taster ticket this year. Oyster growers have committed to selling raw and steamed oysters for $1 a piece. Prices for other specialty food offering will vary between growers.
- Complimentary wine glass with purchase on wine taster ticket.
- Children Ages 6-12 Advance Ticket (1-Day) $5, Regular Ages 6-12 Ticket (1-day)$10.
- Child Ticket (6 and Under) Free.
- Advance Ticket sales end on September 12 at 5:00 PM EST.
- All online ticket sales end on September 19 at 5:00 PM EST. Regular Tickets may be purchased at the Gate.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your purchased tickets, please print your receipt and present a valid I.D. at gate. If you have bought multiple taster tickets, everyone in the party must present valid I.D. at gate.
- For those interested in eating oysters only, please purchase a non-taster ticket.
- The purchase of the Wine Taster ticket will includes wine tasting from the 13 wineries.
- Tickets purchased online are good for either day, but not for both.
- No Friends of Stratford (FOS) Discounts for this event.
- Rain or Shine! No Refunds on Tickets.
- Tasters must be 21 or over.
This event held in partnership with: